You Have Questions, So We Have Answers..
What To Expect at your Permanent Makeup Consult & Appointment :
- We love for our clients to send us pictures of what your ideal eyebrow look would be. We will then ask you some basic questions to make sure you are an appropriate candidate for the procedure. We like you to come to your first appointment with your brows fully done and all eyebrow makeup on so we can get an idea of how you like your brows to look. We will discuss and improve the color and shape in the consultation.
- At the consultation we will go over paperwork, healing and before and after care. We will draw on your eyebrow shape, take pictures and choose a color to ensure we get your brows EXACTLY how you want them. We ask the client to bring all eyebrow makeup to help us determine your color and to come to the first appointment with your brows or eyeliner done. **Your consultation CAN be done the same day of the first procedure.
- We do the first tattoo procedure and go over after care. We take the first “after” photos, take payment and will book your touch up appointment (if necessary), 7 to 10 weeks later.
- At your Touch up appointment we will go over anything you want to add or change, take pictures and finish the procedure. This is the point we perfect the application to ensure that your eyebrows are exactly what you want.
- VOILA! Enjoy your new eyebrows! See you in 1 to 2 years for a color boost.
Factors That Affect Permanent Makeup Retention:
Lifestyle and Hygiene
PMU Pre Appointment Care:
- -Don’t drink alcohol 24 hours before your procedure
- -Don’t get Botox or Filler in or around the area you are going to be getting done 4 weeks before the procedure
- -Discontinue the use of blood thinning medication unless prescribed.
- -Avoid makeup, water and products on the area 10 days after the procedure.
- -Avoid tanning and direct sunlight.
- -No skin procedures 4 weeks before or 10 days after the procedure.
- -No Picking, touching or pulling of scabs or flakey skin.
- -No use of eyelash growth serum or brow growth serum 3 MONTHS before service and 3 weeks after
Post Care for Permanent Brows
Whether you have received Microblading or Shading, Combo Brows or Ombre, the only way to ensure the BEST Results is to follow all the aftercare instructions!
1.)The first 28 hours will be 20% to 40% darker than what they will be once healed. TRUST THE PROCESS!! You may have a little swelling.
2.) Day 3, they will itch and could be somewhat raised. DO NOT PICK, PULL OR SCRATCH!
3.) Day’s 4-6 your skin will start to exfoliate, some guests’ shed and some may experience a light transparent sheen to the skin. No Sun, Saunas, Steam Rooms, Pools or heavy sweating.
4.) Day’s 10-14 you can resume skincare & activities, but you want to be careful out in the sun. Make sure to book and attend all your follow up appointments. Don’t forget your yearly color touch ups!
Post Care for Eyeliner
Whether you have received just top eyeliner, just bottom or upper and lower eyelash enhancement, the only way to ensure the BEST Results is to follow all the aftercare instructions!.
- It is common to experience puffy, swollen, heavy lids and bloodshot pupils. Increasing motion and sleeping elevated will make the swelling go down.
- As days progress they may be crusty or have excess pigment build up in the corner of your eyes. Avoid the sun.
Post Care for Tattoo Lightening
Keep the area open to the air. Clean by blotting with saline 3 to 4 times a day. Do not soak. Do not get wet. You want it to scab but let it fall off naturally. No picking or pulling, don’t put anything on it till the scabs have fallen off. After all the scabs have fallen off add a drop of vitamin E to the area.
Post Care for Lamination & Lash Lift
The first 24-48 hours after treatment:
– Avoid contact with water
– Do not rub the brows
– Do not sleep on the brows
– No sauna, steam bath, or jacuzzi
– Avoid moisture and hot temperatures
– DO Not exfoliate the area for the 1st 24 hours.
– Avoid Makeup, Oils or Silicone based products for the 1st 24 hours!
DONT FORGET TO MAKE YOUR FOLLOWUP APPOINTMENT FOR 7 WEEKS OUT!
Pre/Post Care for Lashes
– We WILL ask you to wash your lashes in salon before each appointment to help with glue retention!
– Rinse with Water after excessive sweating.
– Keep your lash line clean ( we have a great lash soap for you in salon to purchase and use at home).
– Wash & Brush lashes daily for best retention.
-Sleep on your back and use a silk pillow case for best retention.
-Avoid heavy sweating for 24 hours after lash application.
– Avoid strong heat, such as ovens, lighters or fire pits. Heat can melt or distort the extensions.
_Avoid rubbing and pulling your eyelashes.
– Avoid oil-based & waterproof mascara or Silica Glycol based makeup removers.
Lash fill appointments are generally booked every 2 to 4 weeks depending on:
How often you can come in
How much time you book
How you like to maintain your lashes
How you take care of them
The condition of your lashes
Care tips for your new lashes:
Do not pick, pull or rub your lashes
Do NOT touch your lashes, your fingers contain oil which breaks down the medical grade adhesive.
Do not use an eyelash curler.
Avoid ALL products containing oil including; silica, eye creams, cream cleansers, moisturizer, makeup primer and lotion. Avoid products that are labeled “waterproof”.
Brush your eyelashes daily. Brush them when they are wet, then wait 15 mins and brush them again. This will leave them straight and fluffy.
For best retention wash your lashes in the shower. If you wear makeup, clean your lashes daily to make sure makeup, natural oils and debris doesn’t sit on your lash line.
When removing makeup around your eyes use a makeup brush and approved lash cleanser.
Brush them daily to fluff them up and keep them straight.
If you must wear a mascara stay away from WATERPROOF mascaras and instead go for a LBB approved mascara. Please only use it on the bottom lashes.
Wash your lashes once a week in the shower if you wear no makeup. If you wear makeup clean your lashes DAILY to make sure makeup, oil and debris do not sit on the base of your lashes. Please keep lashes clean.
Use a gel or foam cleanser (LBB sells two AMAZING ones) by putting the cleanser on your fingertips or brush, press it into your lashes, gently foam the area. Rinse well with water.
A Beauty Collective sells products that made to be used on your new Lash extensions, such as Lash Cleanser, mascara, Lash growth serum and more.
Book your appointment between 2 and 4 weeks.
Use caution when blow drying close to lashes
Use caution near oven or open flame or heat source.
Pre/Post Care for Waxing:
For Body Waxing:
Exfoliate and Moisturize the area 24 hrs before the appointment. Exfoliate 42-72 hours after the appointment. Avoid excessive sweating, products with fragrance, Sun; 24 to 72 hours after your wax.
For Brow Waxing:
Avoid sun, products , excessive sweating and beauty treatments 72 hours minimum after your service. Do not exfoliate the area.